Stags Fans United Board Meeting MinutesMinutes of the SFU Board meetings are available for all Stag Fans United Members, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with your name and membership number and we will forward you the minutes you are after.
SFU AGM minutes, 2 November 2011
Registered Number : 29190R
STAGS FANS UNITED SOCIETY LIMITED
MINUTES of the Annual General Meeting of the above-named Society held at Kevin Bird Suite, Field Mill, Quarry Lane, Mansfield on the 2nd November 2011 at 7.00pm
Present : See attached attendance list
1. Peter Wright took the Chair, noted that a quorum was present and declared the meeting open.
2. The Notice convening the Meeting was taken as read.
3. It was resolved that the accounts for the year ended 31st December 2009 be approved following a presentation by the treasurer, Keith Underhill.
4. It was resolved that Darren Shaw be re-elected as a member of the Society Board.
5. It was resolved that Keith Underhill be re-elected as a member of the Society Board.
6. It was resolved that Gary Bridges be re-elected as a member of the Society Board.
7. It was resolved that Will Lord be re-elected as a member of the Society Board.
8. It was resolved that Martin Shaw be re-elected as a member of the Society Board.
9. It was resolved that Andy Gallagher be re-elected as a member of the Society Board.
10 It was resolved that Matthew Ellis be elected as a member of the Society Board.
11 It was resolved that subject to the provisions of section 4A of the 1968 Friendly and Industrial and Provident Societies Act, the members of the Society shall not require an audit for the accounts covering the current financial year ending on 31 December 2011 when they are presented to the following AGM of the Society to be held in 2012.
The members of the Society agreed that the accounts for the financial year ending on 31 December 2011 and for which reports will be laid before the following AGM do not require a full audit provided that:
a) the total income for that year does not exceed the threshold laid down by Supporters Direct for audit exemption (currently £25,000);
b) an independent examination of those accounts is carried out in place of the full audit. The independent examination will be carried out in line with the best practice of Supporters Direct; and
c) a report from the independent examiner is included within the accounts and circulated to members.
The Society noted that:
• An independent examination does not carry the same weight as a full audit.
• The members of the Society instructed the Society Board to identify a suitably qualified practitioner to undertake the review.
• The Society Board shall agree the appointment of the independent examiner and shall agree the terms of that appointment in writing.
• Supporters Direct has no liability in respect of any accounts of the Society.
• Supporters Direct will use the report of an independent examiner when considering the Society's eligibility for membership of Supporters Direct as against the criteria in its membership policy.
12. Darren Shaw outlined the role that he had been involved with as the Football Club’s Supporter Director and his report is attached.
13 Questions from the floor were taken including one regarding how the SFU formally consulted supporters of the football club as per the society rules. Darren Shaw answered by saying that the rules were model rules advised by the national Supporters Direct umbrella organisation. He added that it was difficult to say who actually the supporters of the club are, but as the SFU included board members representing numerous supporter’s organisations (i.e. SSA, OSSC, MTFC vice presidents, Pleasley Stags and the original Team Mansfield members) he felt that anyone who felt they needed to contact the SFU then there were enough opportunities to do so. Stags Fans United also always makes it clear to its members at its meetings, via its website and in its newsletters that we are always looking for volunteers to come forward and help us. The volunteers that do come forward to help us normally end up being co-opted to our board and eventually are appointed by our members at the following AGM. After the questioning from the members, the Chairman declared the Meeting closed. The Meeting was immediately followed by a Fans’ Forum attended by the Stags’ owner, John Radford, and new Chief Executive, Carolyn Still.
ATTENDANCE LIST FOR ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF
STAGS FANS UNITED SOCIETY LIMITED
HELD ON 2nd November 2011